Home          About          Archives          Hangouts          Portfolio

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Spooky!



Scary? Good. Here goes:
I was reading Reader's digest book INTO THE UNKNOWN and came across a section about ghosts. I saw many photographs similar to the one above and the photographers claimed that they hadnt quite seen any shadowy figures when they clicked. So wanted to try out something by myself and here's the result..I feel its good. This was developed on Fuji Slides Sensia 100, programmed exposure and no digital manipulation, no shadow play...I used a simple camera trick - Multiple exposure. When I procured my camera in Dec 04, I was going through the features of it and came across Multiple exposure...without understanding the concept I shot a few pictures and ended up with transparent objects..so when I read this article, I immediately knew how to achieve it. I made my friend Mahesh sleep for a few minutes without itching a muscle..took his photograph, wrapped myself in my mom's saree and sat beside him and exposed the same film again. So here I am, the new age Phantom, the ghost who blogs ;-)

21 Comments:

Blogger Praveen Bhat said...

Hi ghost, just too good :) unfortunately, I get these ghosts with a shaky/fast subject, unintentionally!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Nish said...

Killer shot! really amazing

2:42 AM  
Blogger d.K.m said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:01 AM  
Blogger d.K.m said...

haha.. nice ghost.. its in love with u'r friend heh!!? haha

good to see u having fun buddy :)

3:03 AM  
Blogger Arun said...

Hey liked your blog. You got really nice pictures..

4:02 AM  
Blogger Potpourri said...

Woww, you are very experimental. First the African safari and now the ghost.. amazzing.

5:36 AM  
Blogger :: S-a-t-z :: said...

gud one.. it's really cool :-)

5:36 AM  
Blogger Suyog said...

Brilliant! Your streak for experimentation is amazing.

7:38 PM  
Blogger mermaid said...

I think I feel better when I think of a ghost as a spirit of my ancestors guiding me.

Neat.

2:39 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

Good effect. I did something similar with a photo editing software.

http://english-august.blogspot.com/2005/05/mlange.html

2:14 AM  
Blogger Maran said...

I'm just curious, the white wall have been exposed by the film so how can it register another image the second time?

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Sudarshan said...

Thanks all for your comments.

@Maran: I have noticed in mulitple exposure only the true whites block the second exposure...here you can see that the wall is not compltely white and falls in the range of medium tone thereby making the darker sari transparent.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous jaggi said...

hahahahaa sudu u look like a "BLOWNUP CONDOM"

10:46 PM  
Blogger perspective said...

fantafabulous!! congratulations on the use of multiple exposure!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Samudraa said...

ah.......where did i miss ur blog in the space,happy i got here back again!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Akruti said...

Huh,ghost,u sure made it look real:(

3:09 AM  
Anonymous JAGGI said...

UR STILL INSIDE THAT, COMEOUT OF IT

2:36 AM  
Anonymous JAGGI said...

UR STILL INSIDE THAT, COMEOUT OF IT

2:36 AM  
Blogger Vasu the terrible said...

hey,

nice shot... nicely explained too..

vasu

10:35 PM  
Blogger Vasu the terrible said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Sudarshan said...

Jaggi: %#&*:#U)(@*(*&%(*#^&@
Lavannya:Thanks for your comments
Samudraa: Yeah I am very much here.Thanks
Vasu: Thank you.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home